Wednesday 14 July 2010

no rest for the wicked!

I've been so busy lately! not all with paid work unfortunately, but I have had some - business is picking up and at the minute I know I made the right choice going self employed!
The rest of the time I have been working on things like my business plan and cash flow forecast with my business advisor. Its a great free service offered to start up businesses and helps me to secure any funding available to me.
I've also attended another course on this, provided by the same enterprise centre as last time. It's a great service as not only do I learn essential information but I get to network with other local startups. We may never need to use each others services but it's great to speak to other people in the same boat.
The thing I'm struggling with at the moment and doing a lot of research on is insurance. There's lots of types out there - at the moment I need personal imdemnity and public liability - not to mention equipment cover. Its not cheap and there's a lot of small print involved. However, it is essential!

As and when I know more about business plans, cashflow forecast and insurance, I will blog of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment