Friday 18 June 2010

Book-Keeping

I'm getting to grips with book keeping - I did used to help out in a small business accounts department so I've picked up a few tips but also plan to attend a book keeping workshop!

I've set up my Book keeping procedure though already.
Daily, I write into a little book the incoming and outgoing for that day and then I can tott it up on a weekly basis and add it to a spreadsheet.

I keep all receipts and I mark them with a receipt number (made up but consecutive) and also right it next to the outgoing in the little note book.
I then file all the receipts in a little file, in month order. I plan to also list all receipts and numbers and put this in month order too, I'll do this weekly too!

A bit over the top perhaps but I figured this way I'll be totally on top of the books and will be able to work out my tax return when it comes to filling it in.
Doing a little bit daily should stop a mad panic at the end of the financial year as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment