Monday 11 January 2010

Storing my life

My Boyfriend and I have decided to move in together - this is great of course but poses a potential problem. The problem is my art and craft equipment and material take over my living room. I have a rather large living room at the moment and we're moving to a small apartment in the city, this combined with merging his and my furniture together will leave very little room for 'stuff'.

So to help combat this and to be fair, to also help with the actual moving, I have bought some storage boxes. Places like Ikea and Wilkinsons do some great cheap ones but I got some of mine from Dunelm. I chose to get nice co-ordinating ones and stuffed them full of my sewing gear which was prior to this, in plastic bags in one corner of the room.

I already had some storage boxes for my paints - plastic ones as sometimes the lids come off the paints and make a real mess.
Tip: have a sort out of your storage boxes every few months. Throw things away that arent going to be used (or recyle if you can). I found most of my paints had dried up and so I manage to combine 2 boxes to one!

Okay, I've just realised this is actually a really dull blog post lol! But if you want to know more about creating your own co-ordinating storage boxes you can check out craftzine's blog about it which might be more interesting ;)

How-to: Co-ordinating Organisation boxes


No comments:

Post a Comment